Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Those Fuckers at Pearl

For anyone out there who needs art supplies, don't buy anything from those fuckers at PearlPaint.com. I usually get my supplies from Utrecht, CheapJoes, or DickBlick. This time I decided to try something new, 'cause I needed a bunch of paint and pearl is a paint company and they happened to be cheaper than Utrecht. I spent about 5 hours online ordering my stuff. It took a long time of comparison shopping to figure out what I wanted, and finally satisfied with my choices I placed my now regrettable first and last order with them.

I've been ordering art supplies off the internet since the internet began. Never once has it taken longer than 3 or 4 days to receive an order. Granted, there have been a few times when something was on backorder and I had to be persistent in phone calls until the order arrived. And granted there have been times when an order (paper from Dick Blick, for instance) has been damaged during shipping and had to be reordered. But never EVER has an initial order taken over three weeks to even ship. Yup, I placed my order on September 9th, and now it's the 28th. I called yesterday and they said it won't ship until at least next week. FUCK. I have a commission to work on, and I can't even start without my supplies. I realize I could cancel my order and reorder from somewhere else, but I've been suckered in by all the pretty colors and cheap prices on their paints. Really it's more the principal of the thing. Like Walter in The Big Lebowski, "I'm drinking my coffee... Enjoyin' my cofffee." Well, dammit, I'm gonna enjoy my art supplies. If I ever get them.

And when I finally do get them, AFTER I get them, the mighty wrath of Rachel will rain down upon them. But I ain't gonna say nuthin' yet, 'cause they'll fuck up my order if I bitch them out right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home