Monday
My new art appreciation class was supposed to start today. At Fort Campbell Kentucky. Which is over an hour's drive from my house. It's an expedited eight week semester, and the classes go from 8:30-11:00 two days a week. My next class of the day is at 12:30, and it has been until now my first class of the day. So I'm used to getting up at 9:30 or 10am. This morning I wanted to be at my new class early, to prep the classroom. I get up before dawn, having gone to bed at 11:30, as my body is not yet on an early morning wake schedule, and I got ready and out the door just in the nick of time. Of course when I'm in a hurry I always forget something - today it was my cell phone. I get to the military base, where I have to go into a building at the entrance gate and get a day's pass (because the man who signs the long passes is gone, and the Contractor's license that will get me in and out for a year won't be available for another two weeks) and I arrive at the education building where I see only one car. I go up to the building, arms full of teaching aids and coffee, and find that none of the doors are unlocked. So I sit on a bench and this lady named Phyllis comes up and starts talking to me. She has a class at the same time mine starts. As we sit chatting away in the cold, several other people come up to where we are and sit on benches. Most of them are there for Hopkinsville Community College. Somebody says that the school website says classes begin on Monday October 11. Well, toay is Monday, and it's the 10th. So what we figured is it should have said classes start on Tuesday October 11. So I drove away and had a much too big much too greasy breakfast of pumpkin pancakes at IHOP. And I bought clothes hangers at Dollar Tree for my newly emptied closet. So it didn't turn out too bad.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home