Wednesday, March 29, 2006

They've Got My Dirty Undies... The Whites

I made the hand off. They took the ringer. Yep, I'm talking about Nihilists here. Unchecked aggression. The new neighbors.

I bought a small box of Russel Stover chocolates and tied a note to it with a pretty red bow. Then I hung it on their mailbox and waited. Hours later, the unfamiliar SUV passed my house, and I rushed to the window to watch - staying out of view, of course. As I carefully peered out the window, making sure not to be seen, I saw the vehicle stop beside the mailbox. There was a tree blocking the full view, but I did see a pair of legs get out of the car and walk to the mailbox. Couldn't tell if it was male legs, female legs, or homosexual hermaphroditic incestuous alien legs. All I know is I'm pretty sure it wasn't the legs of LL Cool J. It was just like the scene in The 'Burbs when Tom Hanks and his compadres are peering out the window as the freakish redhead wolfman son opens the door and grabs the note left on the doorstep.

About 20 minutes later the SUV comes back down the road, and I hear a couple honks. So I walk out the front door to greet them, knowing damn well they were honking to get my attention so they could thank me for the nice gift. But when I got outside, they weren't there. They were further down the road, talking to somebody in an unfamiliar pickup truck. Guess they knew the truck driver and that's why they had honked. They were too far away to hear, and there were too many trees blocking the view for me to see - but I did hear muffled voices, which means they can communicate verbally. And it didn't sound like "Ack ackkk ACCKKKK aacckk AAAACKKKK" - so I'm hopeful they won't be shooting me with a vaporizor gun anytime soon.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home