Postmodern Libido Overdrive
Q: Why did you name your blog "Postmodern Libido Overdrive", Rachel?
A: Well, Terry, I'll tell you why. See, I've met a shit ton of pompous bastards over the past few years. And I can't stand arrogant, pompous people [APP's.]. So having a blog with the most obnoxiously pretentious title possible is a sly little jab at them. When they are doing a Google search for the latest cool indie rock band, they see my blog. And they say to themselves, "Whoa, dude, I bet that's the name of some underground band that only APP's are aware of. I think I'll check it out cause it'll make me cool. And I bet there are pics with rad new hairstyles." And then they get to my blog and read posts about my granddad's dog licking its own shit and they say "Dammit! What a waste of my time!" And I say "Yes! That's exactly how I feel when I have to share the same air as you."
*kudos to those who get the reference to The Commitments
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home