Friday, May 05, 2006

Cinco De Mayo

Q: Why, Rachel, has it been so long since you last updated your blog?

A: Well, Terry, the main reason is that Jason has been home from his travels during the past couple weeks, and his laptop was messed up, so he has been online using our dial up connection to play poker tournaments almost every waking moment. He did, however, fix his laptop, which I have secretly usurped while he naps away the afternoon. Of course, if I had really needed to get online and/or update my blog at any point in the past week or so, I could have kicked him in the shins until he gave me the 'puter... but I've been too busy to care that much. During the past week I had to finish up all of my grading and stuff at school, and my last final exam was given on wednesday. I mowed several acres of three foot tall grass on Monday with a small push mower, which took the entire day. Yesterday I worked at Adrienne's studio from 11-6, and today I spent several hours at the Nashville Downtown Sheraton planning my high school reunion. (I made the mistake of being Senior Class President during high school - and so now I have to plan my ten year reunion.) Needless to say, blogging has been the least of my concerns.

Q: During your week+ blogging hiatus, was there any excitement that the blogging community might enjoy reading about?

A: Nope. Aside from burning my arm while attempting to bake a sugar free banana cream pie for my aunt's birthday party. I say "attempt" because it didn't work. Twice. During the first attempt, the from-scratch pudding didn't ever stiffen in the sauce pan. I cooked/stirred it until it curdled. Yuck! Threw that batch out, tried again. The pudding stiffened a bit, but not to perfection. The big problem is that I got sidetracked while toasting the meringue topping, which turned into a charred carbon mess. Two bad pies and a burn on my arm - I was rather pissy that night.
Oh! The Sleeping One has awakened!
Better finish my post 'fore he wants his poker fix for the day. Do they sell poker in an intraveinously injectable liquid? Tee heee heee.

The other night I had a dream that I became a werewolf. It sucked. Don't ever become a werewolf.

HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!!!! I have already eaten my obligatory chile relleno and taco for lunch. And guess what's for later? That's right, Rachel's drink of choice, a frozen strawberry margarita! Yummmm.

More posts coming soon, I promise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home