100 Things About ME
I'm gonna be a copycat and do this same listy thingy that many of you have already done.
1. I was named in honor of my great grandmother who always gave me Keebler Grasshopper cookies.
2. The only animal I've ever killed with a gun was a blackbird that was eating cherries from our tree. I only did it to prove that I was a better shot than my older brother.
3. I had a dalmation rat in college named Chester Copperpot, named after the dead character in The Goonies.
4. I'm a quarter of an inch too tall to be a member of the Little People Society of America.
5. I have two degrees, a Bachelors and a Masters of Fine Art.
6. I'm a typical Aries - very hard headed.
7. I was senior class president in high school. Little did I know I'd be planning this reunion bullshit 10 years later.
8. I believe in reincarnation.
9. I was raised in a southern Baptist church... which is why I am not a Christian.
10. I'm fascinated with Ancient Egypt.
11. I'm obsessed with Caterpillar brand heavy machinery, and one of my goals in life is to push dirt or sand around with a D-10 dozer.
12. My college graduation gift to myself was a cross country train trip with the man who later became my husband.
13. I get drowsy when I drive. I have to constantly eat candy to stay awake on long road trips, though I've been known to pull over and sleep in gas station parking lots.
14. I was diagnosed with Cyclothymic Disorder, which is like Bipolar Disorder.
15. My guilty pleasure foods are french fries, Nacho Cheese Doritos, and Cherry Coke.
16. The only food I'm allergic to is whole grain rice (the non-nutritious bleached kind is fine.)
17. Lima beans and cinnamon gum make my tastebuds inflamed and sore.
18. I threw up after lunch every day in elementary school.
19. My pinkies are only about an inch and a half long.
20. I have the same shoe size as I did in fifth grade.
21. I compulsively smell my earwax.
22. Paul McCartney was my first concert.
23. I started collecting Beatles albums and paraphenalia when I was 9 years old. When my friends had NKOTB posters, I had Beatles posters all over my bedroom walls.
24. Wayne Newton's "The Entertainer" was the best reality show that ever will be.
25. I had bright purple hair and a fake nose ring in high school.
26. I love thunderstorms.
27. I can't stand dirty floors and I steam clean the carpets in my house at least a couple times a month.
28. I hold grudges. I rarely forgive and I never forget.
29. The first time I had sushi my "friends" thought it would be funny to get me to put a whole spoonful of wasabi in my mouth. See #28 above.
30. I don't hunt but I'm a hell of a fisherman.
31. I think mandatory seatbelt laws are stupid. I believe in natural selection.
32. I have a really hard time getting out of bed because my dreams are much more interesting and vivid than real life.
33. Peppermint is waaay better than spearmint or wintergreen.
34. My mother and I both get clear bumps on the outer ring of our irises that are so intensely uncomfortable that we scratch them off... and no eye doctor that we've spoken to has ever heard of this anomaly.
35. I once found out my mail carrier was feeding a mean stray dog on my neighbor's property, so I confronted the postmaster about it. I then received an obscene, harassing phone call from said carrier, so that prompted me to chat with the police. The carrier and the dog both haven't been back. See #28 above.
36. I like to suck the nectar from honeysuckle blossoms.
37. I like to bake - especially my famous double chocolate white chocolate chip cookies.
38. I have TMJ, and sometimes my jaw gets locked open for a while.
39. I once found a real live 6 foot snake under my bed.
40. I didn't have jalapenos, capers, lox, avacados, or pomegranate until college.
41. Gilligan's Island is my favorite sitcom ever.
42. I fell in love with my husband Jason after he held my puke bucket and brushed my hair out of my face all the way home from my raucous college graduation party.
43. My parents made me go to prom because "this is the best time of your life." I went with a fat guy in a pickup truck and he took me home after 30 minutes.
44. I once used a roll of duct tape to fix a tire that was losing its tread. It didn't work.
45. A guest speaker came to my 3rd grade class to tell us that there was poison under our fingernails and we'd get really sick if we chewed our nails. So I have never ever ever chewed them.
46. I boycott anything that has to do with the 4-H organization because the worst week of my entire life was 4-H camp the summer after 5th grade. I'll summarize with: physical and psychological torment, a fat dyke bully, and freakishly evil and uncaring counselors. If you're reading this Melissa Carey, see # 28 above.
47. I matured early and was freaked out by puberty. Too embarassed and ashamed to ask my mom if I could start shaving, I pulled my armpit hairs out and cut my leg hairs with scissors (which left several little "V" shaped scars.)
48. I was once hooked in the head with a fishing lure.
49. I graffitied on a bench outside Germany's Neuschwanstein Castle, the one the Disney castle is copied from.
50. I saw a real live vampire in Nice, Italy.
51. I wish on the first star I see each night, reciting to myself the whole "Star light, star bright" rhyme.
52. I cried when I saw the Sistine Chapel.
53. I was Minnie Mouse in the fifth grade play, the only girl who had a speaking part.
54. I can't eat Honey Nut Cheerios because that's what I had to eat as a kid, and that's the taste I had in my mouth when I threw up everyday.
55. I have one brother, three years my senior in age, ten years my junior in maturity. His name is Josh.
56. The middle toe on my right foot was broken when I ran into a chair, and it healed all crumpled in and accordioned looking.
57. I have mild Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I repeat sounds, words, and phrases to myself in my head over and over and over again.
58. The Wizard of Oz, my favorite movie, used to come on TV only once a year, and it was always on a school night. After seeing it several times, I knew which commercial breaks were long and which were short. I had to bathe before going to bed. I'd run fill the bathtub with water during one of the short breaks, then during the long break I'd run as fast as I could and scrub off in the tub real quick and get dried off just in time for it to come back on.
59. I gag when I bite into one of those rubbery gristle spots on the end of a strip of chicken.
60. My favorite SNL cast was with Dane Carvey, Mike Meyers, Jon Lovitz, Phil Hartman, Victoria Jackson, Kevin Nealon, and the rest.
61. I love being on the couch under a blanket with a cup of hot chocolate on a snowy day.
62. I always try to watch the Today show on the one day of the year when they show the lighting of the Rockefeller Plaza Christmas Tree.
63. My favorite poem is "Kubla Khan" by Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
64. The book I have read more than any other is Charlotte's Web.
65 Ceiling fans make my eyes dry out and burn.
66. I had a really mean babysitter named Miss Martha who would make us eat lunch in the dining room with no beverage, then when we were done she'd make us sit on the kitchen floor and drink a glass of Kool-Aid. It was Chef Boy-ar-dee Roller Coasters and Cherry Kool-Aid every day.
67. I had one perm at the age of eleven, and when I saw myself I cried for hours.
68. I had to stand in line for two hours to go to the bathroom at Disneyworld.
69. I am right handed.
70. I hate when people chew with their mouths open.
71. I'm hyper-aware of smells, especially bad breath.
72. I've had three surgical procedures in the hospital - two surgeries to fix a hole in my eardrum and one colonoscopy.
73. I get really upset when people don't follow rules.
74. When I listen to Journey, it makes me think of being four years old, going with my dad to the high school during homecoming week to watch the students build parade floats.
75. The first time I had me ears pierced, the holes were lopsided, so I had to let them heal and repierce them later, which sucked ass because I'd waited a LONG time for permission to get them pierced in the first place.
76. I mentally talk to plants and animals as if they have a soul.
77. I lived through a tornado.
78. I don't fear my own death but for selfish reasons I fear the deaths of people I love.
79. If I could only go to one new place in the whole world, it would be the pyramids at Giza.
80. I'm a visual learner so I have to see information visually to fully process it - so it's really hard for me to concentrate when people say things out loud for long periods of time. My brain ends up wandering no matter how hard I try to focus.
81. I never know where my keys are.
82. The anniversary of Martin Luther King, Jr's death is on my birthday.
83. I share a birthday with Maya Angelou.
84. I won the contest for most sit-ups in the shortest amount of time among all the girls in the 7th grade.
85. I was voted Most Talented and Most Unique in high school.
86. I was in the middle of an art critique during the September 11th attacks.
87. I avoided the hazing of me and my friends at band camp freshman year of high school because I built a booby trap in our cabin and caught the upperclassmen in a web of yarn.
88. I was second chair clarinet. I only played the notes about half the time, because my mouthpiece was cheap and it was hard to get air through. The teacher never knew I was only pretending to play.
89. My nickname at Governor's School for the Arts was "Power Biscuit."
90. I had Cabbage Patch Kids named Mamie Glynis, Rosanna Tabitha, and Jesse Tina.
91. I grew up with goats in an electric fence by the house.
92. I was elected City Judge at Girls' State.
93. I've suffered through several episodes of clinical depression.
94. My fingernails don't grow very long before they break off.
95. I absolutely can not stand when people have the bass on their stereos turned up loud enough for me to feel the vibration.
96. My grandfather never knew his birthday or his real name.
97. The sound of crickets comforts me.
98. I was in a medieval reenactment group in which I was a troll named Gwortal. I fought with foam padded short swords and a shield.
99. I grind my teeth at night.
100. I accidentally overfed and killed a baby rat, and when I realized it was dead I cried louder and harder than I ever have for anything in my life. I buried it in the yard while still crying.
3 Comments:
#67, me too!
Except it wasn't a perm, it was a Dorothy Hamil haircut.
Found the site through various poker bloggers--I cried at the Sistine Chapel too. What was your reason?
Well, meanhappyguy, it doesn't make much sense because I'm not religious, but I cried at the Sistine Chapel because it was the most overwhelming work of art I'd ever seen. The size, the colors, the detail, and the emotion all got to me. It was and still is the most amazing work of art I've ever experienced.
Post a Comment
<< Home