Poker On The Brain
I keep dreaming about poker. Maybe it's cause I'm gonna win the Ladies' No-Limit Texas Hold 'Em event at the WSOP next week.
Last night's dream was that there was a huge tournament in my little town of Ashland City (which would never happen because poker's not legal here) and all the pros came to town. The event was going to be held at my elementary school (again, impossible.) I went to see all the pros, and they had all scattered about town to eat and shop and stuff. Which means most would have been at Wal-Mart because unfortunately that's just about all there is here. Anyway, when I got to the elementary school there were still a few people milling about, but none of the pros were there. However, Matthew Broderick was there as an avid poker fan (whether he is in real life I wouldn't know, and why he was in the dream I'll never know) and so I wanted to talk to him without scaring him away. So I casually walked up and started small talk without doing the whole "I'm such a huge fan!" guffaw kind of thing -- just treated him like a regular human being, and he took a liking to me and we became friends. Then the dream took a weird turn and Gene Hackman was smuggling others into the tournament area inside the bodies of cars and trucks, much like how people would alter the gas tank of a car and smuggle a person out of Nazi Germany.
Does that have anything to do with poker and tournaments? Absolutely not. But it was a pleasant dream, and I hope I never meet Matthew Broderick because I doubt he would live up to the mellow cool guy he was in the dream.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home