Sunday, January 21, 2007

My Thoughts on Lindsey Lohan

OR

If I Were to Drink Myself Into a Coma and Wake Up in a Rehab Hospital I Would Do It The Same Way She Did

I refuse to make moral judgements on Lindsey Lohan's recent actions. It doesn't affect my life and I don't really care. Besides, young rich celebrities have been doing this same thing for years and years. Hell, look at Robert Downey, Jr. He's still not over his days-o-recklessness. So I don't know why this is major headline news. Here's my take on the recent Golden Globe afterparty evening of debauchery...

She went out on a good note.

See, anyone who knows anything about me knows that I am a HUGE Prince fan. His concert was the best I've ever seen. Anytime I'm in Vegas I try to see Purple Reign, THE Prince Tribute Band. My Ipod has spun more Prince hits than all the other artists combined. I can listen to his music regardless of my mood, time of day, or season. Prince's music is pure goodness. However, I'm a little distraught by the whole religious conversion no more cussing spread the gospel lyrics. Let's face it - his best years involved songs with raunchy lyrics and explicit images of fucking, and the newer music just doesn't quite cut it like the older tunes. But he's still damned amazing.

Which brings me to Lindsey Lohan.

The girl is in a rehab facility for who knows how long. She will have no contact with the outside world, no late night parties and binge drinking, no shopping at Prada and Gucci, and no more cat fights with her young-rich-famous competition. But ya know what she DOES have? Prince. In her head. All the time. Cause he's the last thing she saw before she took a ride on the fast train to drunken oblivion. And if you're gonna choose to go that route, that's the very best way to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home