2007 SUMMER WPBT IN VEGAS
I just want to say that I had an incredible time hanging out with everyone at this year's summer blogger event. And I especially enjoyed playing in the tournament. That's probably because I won it.
Yes, that's right, Mrs. Spaceman is a luckbox.
I decided to save some of the first place winnings, but I wanted to have fun with it, too... So Mr. Spaceman and I went to a Cirque de Soleil show -- something I have wanted to do for years but was never able to afford. I really wanted to see "O", the underwater one at Bellagio. Jason wanted to see "Love", the Beatles one at Mirage. We went to three half price ticket places and of course they didn't have discounts on those two major productions. On our quest for cheap tickets, we happened to come across a premium ticket box office and decided to check it out. "O" was off for the night, but "Love" was playing. And they just happened to have a few VIP seats left, so the decision was made! With these most definitely non-discounted VIP tickets we got awesome seats, from which we enjoyed the 360 degree spectacle. It was amazing, unlike anything I had ever experienced before. And as a huge Beatles fan, I was in awe of the digitally remastered music. My only criticism of the performance would be that there was too much dancing and not enough death-defying acrobatics. But I knew this show would be a little different from the classic Cirque shows before I went. I also wasn't so keen on the narrative aspects of some of the performances - I preferred the totally abstract performances the best. But I really really REALLY enjoyed the experience, and it's all thanks to you bloggers.
One of the best things about this blogger event was getting to know people better whom I didn't really know that well before. I especially enjoyed hanging out with Grubby and Grubette (2nd place tourney finisher... heads up was all ladies!), Doug, Zeem, Pauly, Falstaff, StB, and BadBlood, among others. A brief appearance by Change100 on Saturday really made the day! But I missed the loads of people who decided to sit this one out. Maudie, Gracie, Pablo, Iggy, The Human Heads, Joe Speaker, F-Train, Dawn, Karol, Derek, The Brothers Nardi, The Rooster, CJ, Helixx, Al, and so many others whose company I enjoy weren't there, which was sad. But of course all good things must come to an end. I really hope this wasn't the end, just a bunch of people taking a conspicuously choreographed communal reprieve.
3 Comments:
NO NO not the end! I wanted to be there - but I had to work, dammit.
Congrats on your big win! Way cool.
:D
Nice job in the head's up match. I'm not bitter at all about you trouncing me with your demonic trips 6s. I'm glad you made good use of the cash.
Congrats! I'm glad you put the money to good use :) You two ladies were dominant.
Post a Comment
<< Home